4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  Petra 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Camarra Brooks
    Camarra Brooks
    Participant
    @camarrabrooks

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get their hair really straight and keep it straight for awhile. I have been natural for 3 years now, and every time I straighten my hair it gets really straight except for the ends; they still remain curly. I’ve bought beautiful textures the TMS treatment and it straighten it out a little bit but not as much as I wanted it too. Also how can I get my hair really flat instead of poofy?

Petra
    @petralomax

Hello love,

Usually ‘poofy ends’ As I like to call them means you need a trim. Trimming your hair and then getting your hair flat ironed will keep the ends nice and straight. Have you trimmed?

Profile photo of Camarra Brooks
    Camarra Brooks
    Participant
    @camarrabrooks

Thank you for the advice, and no I haven’t trimmed my ends that’s exactly why it looks like that.

Profile photo of Marley
    Marley
    Participant
    @Marley

But doesn’t flat ironing really work. Mine is kind of a wavy one, and how much ever I try to straighten my hair it doesn’t work. it gets back to the same shape after a few while. Why do you think that happens?

Petra
    @petralomax

Natural hair attracts moisture to the hair especially in the Summer time. Now that it is getting colder the hair might keep its shape when you flat iron it. Use products that are anti-humectants — read more about that here –>http://blackhairinformation.com/by-type/natural-hair/how-to-use-an-anti-humectant-on-natural-black-hair/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.